Thursday, September 15, 2011

Star Student

Every week I pick a child to be the star student of the week. The weekend before their special week they work on an "all about me" poster at home. On Monday they bring it in and share it with the class. On the poster it has a place for "things I do not like". My student of the week this week glued a picture of Bill Haslam (the current Governor of TN)to her things I do not like section. When telling the class about it she raises her voice to tell everyone how much she doesn't like that man...I guess we know who her parents don't like too. (=
The next day she comes to school and tells me that "Bill Haslam is blowing up mountains and that is never going to be good for us". I respond by saying "Oh gosh, I hope not that's not good..." She told me "don't worry miss kenimer, we aren't really going to hurt Haslam but he is NOT good news"
Oh the things kids pick up from their parent's conversations about politics...

No comments:

Post a Comment